Software Engineer III, Unity
The primary responsibility of the Software Engineer III, Unity position will be to build high performance Unity based applications using existing standards, conventions, and an existing product architecture. The Software Engineer III, Unity will be expected to understand the business processes within their designated functional area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads small groups of developers who are developing, unit testing and debugging code to technical specifications.
- Verifies that developed code meets standards set by the development organization.
- Develops, designs, and maintains windows and web n-tier applications.
- Analyzes, develops, unit tests, and debugs code per functional specifications.Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge of geospatial concepts and location aware services
- Two or more years of experience in web-based application development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of relational database design and web technologies.
- Understanding of all phases of the MS Software Development Life Cycle and process methodologies.
- Ability to evaluate an existing architecture and document issues and suggested improvements.
- Familiar with CMMI and Agile based software engineering processes
- Ability to lead small groups of programmers.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a small team.
- Detail oriented and a team player.
- Ability to understand technical documents.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple task assignments across several projects.
- Proactive approach to problem resolution and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Develop features and functionality within the Unity platform for deployment to Windows, Android and iOS targets
- Identify, design, and develop, new features and components requested by your business team
- Review and provide specs for supporting documentation of the products developed within the Unity platform
- Participate in team cross training and mentoring of more junior developers
- Integrate Unity Code written by your team members into project codebases to create a fully realized set of features and functionality
- Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members to ensure layouts, animations, and graphical assets are efficiently integrated into application features while preserving artistic integrity and performance
- Proficient on development and maintenance of government and commercial geospatial applications written in C#, utilizing WPF, WinForms, ASP.Net, Xamarin, and various other technologies
- Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design--Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
Send Resume »